Indrid Cold is a clairvoyant seer, and a native of Sylvain, who contacts the gang in order to warn them about impending catastrophes.
Physical Appearance[edit | edit source]
Indrid is described as "fascinating to look at": somewhat withering and gaunt, yet confident and strong; he appears both young, yet somehow wrinkled. He has short silver hair, with hints of black peeking through, and wears a tank top and jeans as well as a pendant comprised of an orange, crystalline material. His most noticeable feature however is a pair of large, round, opaque red glasses that easily reflect whatever is in front of them.
In actuality the glasses are a magical disguise: when not worn, Indrid is described as being huge and terrifying, with a white body and red eyes, resembling that of an incredibly large moth. Due to the horrific nature of his natural visage, Indrid is loath to reveal his true form but has done so on occasion, both willingly and under duress.
History[edit | edit source]
While native to Sylvain, Indrid currently resides on Earth, living in a Winnebago RV at the Eastwood Campground and RV Park in Kepler, West Virginia. He was formerly the Court Seer of Sylvain over a century prior to the events of Amnesty.
Though he is careful to avoid raising people's suspicions nowadays, he was not always so cautious; at various points in the past Indrid was spotted in his natural form, which came to be known locally as the Mothman.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Indrid naturally sees many possible futures and upcoming events, both near and far, though he does not see or know the true path of time. Complicating matters is the fact that, should an unexpected or unforeseen event occur, Indrid's visions will completely reset, laying out a whole new web of potential outcomes.
In addition to his visions, Indrid is also a skilled enchanter, with the ability to imbue ordinary objects with magical properties, including the ability to completely disguise an artifact's bearer.
Featured Episodes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Indrid's name is taken from another cryptid who is known as "The Grinning Man,” which some believe to be the same person.
- Both the real Indrid Cold and the Mothman were reportedly sighted at Point Pleasant, likely why Indrid's failure was chosen to occur there.
- Indrid is likely inspired by the character "Delta" from Zero Time Dilemma. Delta also has round glasses with red lenses, short gray hair, and can basically see the future. Griffin is a known fan of the Zero Escape series, of which Zero Time Dilemma is the third entry.
- The original Mothman myth also purports the cryptid having divination abilities and large red eyes.
- He bears a resemblance to Dave Strider from Homestuck.